Sunday, March 22, 2009

BBMP Property Tax - Finally paid it

When I was reading the ads by BBMP in ToI by Citizens who paid property tax about the ease of payment and help they received, I was thinking BBMP was exaggerating. But when I paid the tax by myself, I realized it was not really the case. I went to one of the make shift BBMP offices near my apartment and they had around 10 chairs to sit, one assistant to ensure people are sitting in the order they arrived, two tax collectors, one clerk to print the paid receipts (has got a computer, printer with UPS) and two ceiling fans in running condition. It took me not more than 30 minutes because they also helped me with filling of the form. I wrote a cheque favoring 'The Commissioner, BBMP' for the amount he specified and thats it. I collected the receipt and got it signed by the Tax Collector. One thing I still did not like is, despite of Times Of India's alarm against using '2007 Army Flag Day' stickers on the receipts and collecting money from Bangalore citizens, this practice is still continuing.

No comments: